69 Paul Drive
San Rafael CA 94903
Mon – Sat 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sun – Closed
Call us Today
Water Leaks, Repair and Waterproofing
You find a leak in your house or on your property. Now what? Water leaks can create a lot of damage in a short amount of time. If you suspect or are aware of water leakage on your property, here is a list of things to do right away, to avoid extensive damage and water waste.
Quick Checklist for Detecting and Repairing a Leak:
• If the leak appears to be coming from a sink faucet or appliance in the house, turn them all off and stop the water from running.
• If the faucet or appliance is broken and you cannot shut it off, look for the water valve under the sink or behind the machine and turn it off to cut off the water flow.
• If the water valves are broken or stuck, look for the main water valve, the one that controls the water to the entire house. Depending on the type of building, this can be outside the property or where the water meter is, often along the perimeter of the property, near the curb in a concrete box.
• After turning the water off, check the water meter itself. Look at the meter’s dial. If the indicator or needle on the dial is moving, the leak is still going, and if it runs rapidly, there could be a break in the main water line to the house.
• If that is the case, check for wet areas in your yard or under the house.
• You can call the water company or a plumber to help you detect the leak or break, but either way, have it repaired as soon as possible.
• Once the leak is repaired, contact the water company and explain what happened. They may offer to adjust your next bill.
• If the leak is due to rain seeping through your roof, try to contain the damage by collecting the water by placing a bucket or other container under the leak and get it repaired as soon as possible.
Whether you have a small or more significant leak, it is essential to get it repaired before the damage becomes extensive.
If the leak is severe and floods any portion of your house, call us! We are specialized in locating any type of leak and repairing any structural damage caused by the water.
Leaks from a roof often create structural damage, which needs to be assessed and repaired before the roof is fixed. If the leak is in the basement, the foundation walls need to be covered with protective waterproof material, and a sub-surface french-drain should also be installed along the perimeter of the entire foundation.
We can detect any leak, and make sure to repair and waterproof roofs, chimneys, basements, decks, and sidings. We also install French drains for exterior drainage, to protect both your house foundation or any retaining wall around your property.
Call us today at 415-785-7522 to get a personalized FREE ESTIMATE for your project!
Our Free, no pressure, consultation allows you to find out for yourself and decide based on knowledge.
We know we are working for you and do our best to make sure you are 100% satisfied with our work.
With over two decades of experience we place your safety above all else. All plan and projects take this as first priority.
We are a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity and treats your home as if it were our own. We offer a variety of contracting services customizable to each individual project.
I Construction & Structural Inc
69 Paul Drive
San Rafael CA 94903